Sunday, March 25, 2007

Virginia Concealed Carry Issue on CNN

Update: The issues surrounding my previous post about the Virginia Roanoke Time public outing of CCW Permit holders has now move to the national news and will be aired on CNN sometimes this week, perhaps Friday at 8 PM per the latest information supplied by the President of the Virginia Citizens Defense League.


From an e-mail by the VCDL:
I was interviewed about the recent Roanoke Times debacle by Kyung Lah of CNN on Friday at Vinney's Italian Restaurant in Midlothian. The restaurant was very hospitable, setting us up in a large corner so that all the camera equipment could be spread out.

The interview went very well and was done professionally. Ms. Lah asked some of the questions that were posed by Mr. Trejbal in his article - such as, "Don't I have a right to know if you are carrying a gun?"

I had been standing up talking to Ms. Lah for couple of minutes after I arrived. She looked at me and said, "Since you have a concealed handgun permit, aren't you allowed to transport a handgun?"

I said, "Yes."

She said, "Er, do you have one in the car then?"

I said, "No, but I have one on my hip."

A little embarrassed for not having noticed, she then looked down and saw that I was open carrying.

I explained Virginia Law to her about having to open carry in restaurants that have a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption.

THE ROANOKE TIMES AND CHRISTIAN TREJBAL ARE HYPOCRITES!

This is TOO good! I asked Ms. Lah if someone was going to interview the Roanoke Times management and Christian Trejbal (the columnist who wrote the story about Virginia 'sunshine' laws, and who obtained and helped publish the CHP holder list).

Ms. Lah said that BOTH Mr. Trejbal AND the Roanoke Times Management are REFUSING TO BE INTERVIEWED!!!!!!!!

What about all that 'sunshine,' you were celebrating Mr. Trejbal?
What about it Roanoke Times? Surely you would want to lead the way by letting a little light shine on the damage that you did by publishing the CHP holder list?

I got a real chuckle when she told me about their refusal.

I guess I have been doing this too long as I wasn't surprised. I have dealt with people like Mr. Trejbal many times before.

ANOTHER VCDL MEMBER TO BE INTERVIEWED

Ms. Lah is also going to interview a parole officer who had THREE parolees show up at his residence, one while only his wife and child were at home! All three admitted to getting his address from the list published on the Internet by the Roanoke Times.

THANKS TO THOSE OF YOU WHO VOLUNTEER THEIR STORIES

Thanks to those who volunteered to be interviewed. I shared your stories with Ms. Lah and some of your emails will probably be used in the story. Ms. Lah assured me that your name and other private or identifying information will be redacted when emails are shown on screen. Only the part of the email that talks about how your life has been endangered will be highlighted and visible to make the point.

WATCH THE PAULA ZAHN SHOW ON MONDAY AT 8 PM!

The story is going to air THIS Monday at 8 PM EST on the Paula Zahn show on CNN.

***************************************************************************
VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL).
VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The membership considers the Right to Keep and Bear Arms to be an essential human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org


Hopefully, this publicity will help ensure legislation is passed in all respective states that protects Concealed Carry Permit holder's identities from disclosure.

Technorati Tags:, ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

No comments: