Saturday, November 5, 2011

Ruger 10/22 Rebuild


Here is a short report on my Ruger 10/22 rebuild.

This gun was stock until recently...purchased for me when I was 16 years old.

Added the stock, Adams and Bennett barrel, new extractor spring, new hammer spring.
The trigger is about 3 lbs...the sear was honed decades ago and not touched since.


I have been experimenting with Wolf Target ammo. So far the results are very good...except for a tendency for misfires. Not sure if this is just the lot I bought...and this seems to be only a problems on this gun...not a problem with my CZ 453...so I think the new Ruger firing pin I put in is just a tad short of what I need for consistent ignition for this Wolf ammo.

At 50 yds I am happy with these results with a number of 5 shot groups under half an inch.

No comments: