Tuesday, July 3, 2007

K-31 Made Like a Swiss Watch


I took my old K-31 Schmidt-Rubin out to the range just for some fun the other day. This surplus straight pull bolt action keeps surprising me with its quality and accuracy.


Shooting from the bench at 100 yards, my hand loaded ammo worked well, and produced outstanding results for a military rifle that costs around $100 on today's surplus market.
This particular K-31 has all matching serial numbers, and even had the Swiss Reservist's name and address on a small piece of paper behind the butt plate.

The ammo is almost equivalent to a 30-06. But availability is an issue...so most K-31 owners load their own. The brass is available and of course 7.62 bullets come in all varieties. I use 165gr Remington soft points.

So if you are looking for a gun that was made in the 1950's with the quality of a Swiss watch, and for a good price, then look no further. Grab a K-31 while they are still available.

No comments: