Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Iowa - GOP Selection Process Begins

As a gun owner, I want the next President to never waiver on my gun rights. But that does not mean I am willing to support someone who has no chance of defeating Obama. To do so would simply be a wasted effort.

So, the question for all of us concerned gun owners should be - who can be elected, who I can support as someone who will stand up for my gun rights....but even more importantly, can in an reverse the downward slide of this country...and that slide is across the board - the economy, our culture, our morals, our health etc.

Sorry to say that in a country so full of talent, there are so few people willing and able to rise to the occasion and take on Obama - who is aside from his novelty of being the first minority President - the worst President we have ever seen, at least in my life time.

So, my view - and it is just that, my personal view - is that only Romney can be elected - at this point - R. Santorum - well he shows promise but he is just not viewed as having enough gravitas yet - but I would be happy with him...if he could get the nomination. That will not happen, since the general public wants someone right of center,....but not way right of center. The key to this election is the moderates and disenchanted Democrats. Especially those of us (53 percent) who actually pay taxes.

So...Gun owners,.....support Romney unless, and until Romney shows a lack of support for our gun rights. Don't be influenced by his past stance on assault weapons...See him as a pragmatic supporter....who will not reverse our recent gains....but more importantly as the best alternative to ensure we get rid of the current curse on America - which is clearly what the current President is.

No comments: